There was a time, in the not too distant past, probably not as much.
But the older we get, the wiser we become don't we?
One would hope.
I don't know about you, but I want longevity.
Longevity & functionality & vibrancy in body, mind and spirit.
And that can only happen if we pay attention.
Every day we all need self care practices to nourish and take care of our body, mind and souls.
and through the years, that informs our daily existence.
As a mother the wellbeing of my family is also paramount.
As a friend and yoga teacher, I see people dealing with what life is throwing at them daily,
and try to offer solution based answers. Often these come in the form of ancient,
or time worn practices to remedy the effects of our modern life.
And I know time is of the essence – because we never have enough,
that these answers need to be easily integrated into our world...
Here are a few ideas on permanent rotation...because they work.
- *Just 3 deep, conscious breaths gives us pause to stop and create space, to quiet an ever churning mind space…and all it takes is 27 seconds (i timed it!)
- *A beautiful yoga class, focusing on the breath has the immediate affect of de-exciting & calming the nervous system.
- *A stronger, more physically active class to undo the knots in our body that our daily habits bring.
- *A daily diet based on wholefood. I steer clear of additives and preservatives. Processed foods are junk, and my body is not a garbage repository.
- *Using products on my skin with the same attention that I do food going into my body is also really important. My skin care is based on well researched, but kinder to my skin, natural products. Soothing, calming, renewing & rejuvenating...mostly oils. I have, and always have had, problematic skin, so I have come to realise the more I treat it with less abrasive products, the better it is... remember love the skin you are in!
- *Essential oils are a way to support us physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. doTERRA oils are the brand I use – they are therapeutic grade & have such beautiful blends, they are easily incorporated into daily life. (If you would like to know more about purchasing, please email me here)
We all have many demands placed on us & it is easy for us to get lost
in amongst the quagmire of life.
Daily practices, done consistently support wellbeing.
What are you doing to support and care for you?
For more information about Yoga classes, Oils, or Nourishing Retreats,
email me here